Who we are
The National Women's Council of Ireland (NWCI) is the representative organisation for women and women's groups in Ireland. Our mission is to achieve women's equality and empower women to work together to remove inequalities.
We have a growing number of nearly 200 member organisations throughout the South and North of Ireland, including community based women's organisations, disability groups, violence against women organisations, national network, political parties, youth groups, trade unions and business organisations. We also have a growing number of supporting individuals and groups.
- We work for equality of all women, respecting the diversity of their experiences, identities and situations.
- We recognise that women's inequality undercuts and overarches other forms of inequality and endeavour to ensure that others working to combat inequality give due priority to addressing gender.
- We support the development of an intercultural and anti-racist society.
- We campaign to affirm women as leaders at all levels of society.
- We approach our work from a global feminist perspetive.