Feminist Ireland Manifesto 2020
General Election 2020 - Feminist Ireland Manifesto
Sign up to our Feminist Ireland Manifesto.
End the Housing and Homelessness Crisis
- Implement a national programme of public housing
- Introduce an emergency rent freeze
- End direct provision
- Provide Traveller accommodation.
Prioritise Women’s Health
- Deliver Sláinte Care
- Develop women centred mental health services
- Fully resource publicly owned maternity and infant services
- Introduce universal, free contraception.
Deliver a Public Childcare Service
- Increase investment in affordable, quality, public childcare and paid parental leave
- Ensure workers earn at least a living wage
- Support lone parents with targeted resources.
Change Ireland’s record on Violence Against Women
- Fully implement the Istanbul Convention
- Establish domestic homicide reviews
- Resource frontline services and refuge spaces.
Ensure safe, legal and local Access to Abortion
- Introduce safety zone legislation
- Locally provide the full range of abortion services
- Guarantee provision of the full range of care in all maternity hospitals.
- Prioritise investment in social protections and public services over tax cuts
- Bench mark social welfare payments to thevminimum essential standard of living
- Introduce a universal pension system.
End the Gender Pay Gap and deliver Decent Work for Women
- Introduce a living wage
- Legislate for wage transparency
- Improve flexible working and move towards a 4 day week
- Legislate for collective bargaining rights.
Advance Women’s Leadership
- Introduce gender quotas in local elections
- Create a woman-friendly Oireachtas
- Legislate for a 40% quota for women on corporate boards
- Increase funding for the women’s sector.
Lead a Green New Deal
- Gender and poverty proof all climate and environment policies
- End support for new fossil fuel projects and reduce Ireland’s greenhouse gas emissions by at least 8% annually
- Develop rural and urban public transport infrastructure, including a national cycle network.
Guarantee Access to Justice
- Introduce a statutory maintenance agency
- Provide full redress to all survivors of institutional abuse
- Develop a new family courts model
- Introduce legislation and policies to combat racism and discrimination.
Download NWCI's Feminist Ireland Manifesto 2020.