Free support from NALA for women’s groups facing health and financial literacy challenges
Published: Thursday, May 09, 2019
Health and financial literacy barriers are one of the main challenges facing marginlised women's groups. NWCI's group member NALA, the National Adult Literacy Agency, not only encourage Plain English, they also provide free supports for groups and individuals.
NALA is also happy to support and encourage people to go back to improve their literacy skills. This could be by doing a stand at an event of yours or joining forces on a policy issue. For more info contact Margaret Murray email@example.com
- NALA’s Distance Learning Service – learners can do tuition over the phone with a tutor or improve skills online using www.writeon.ie
- Help My Kid Learn website - for parents of 0-12 year olds, fun stuff to improve your child’s literacy and numeracy skills www.helpmykidlearn.ie
- Health and Well Being pack. This offers a curriculum for looking at that topic.
- Plain English guides on financial terms, citizenship terms, political, legal and social services - available here.
- For information and referral freephone: 1800 20 20 65
- Three conferences for English for Speakers of Other Languages, Family Learning Conference, Numeracy Conference: for liaison teachers, people working in community projects, librarians
- Opportunity to become a NALA member.