Human Rights & Equality Grant Scheme Info: Limerick, Carlow, Galway, Dublin
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
The Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission will soon be accepting applications for the Human Rights and Equality Grant Scheme 2019. The Commission is running a number of information sessions across Ireland to provide information to those organisations who are interested in applying.
The Scheme will support activities in Ireland that advance economic and social rights and equality in relation to:
- Decent work
Eligible approaches include
- Building people’s awareness and understanding
- Assisting people to vindicate their rights
- Facilitating dialogue
- Supporting equal treatment on equality grounds
- Strengthening the capacity of civil society to engage with public bodies on the public sector equality and human rights duty
- Providing evidence base to develop rights based legislation, policy and practice
Eligible activities for grant support can include
· Research and legal & policy analysis
· Education and training activities and resources
· Conferences, seminars, and workshops
· Digital tools and campaigns
The Human Rights and Equality Grants Scheme is open to civil society organisations, including community and voluntary organisations, non-governmental and non-profit organisations, groups representing geographic communities or communities of interest, and trade unions.
The Human Rights and Equality Grants Scheme will open on 6 March 2019.
Full guidance and application forms will be available from our website from that date onwards:
The total grant fund under the Human Rights & Equality Grant Scheme 2019 is €350,000. Proposals for either
(a) small grant of up to €6,000 or (b) general grants of up to €20,000 will be accepted.
Register for an information session
Please register for an event by emailing RSVP@ihrec.ie with the location and date of the event you would like to attend in the subject line.
When registering please feel free to let us know if you have any special requirements, for example, dietary, accessibility, ISL interpretation. This will help us in our preparations for the event.
Dates and Venues
13 March 2019, 10am-1pm
The Strand Hotel
14 March 2019, 10am-1pm
The Connacht Hotel
Old Dublin Rd,
20 March 2019, 10am-1pm Woodford Dolmen Hotel, Kilkenny Road, Carlow,
21 March 2019, 2pm-5pm
The Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission
16-22 Green Street,
Starts: 13 March 2019
Ends: 21 March 2019
Location: Limerick, Galway, Carlow, Dublin