No Woman Left Behind
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Join us for the launch of ‘No Woman Left Behind’, the National Women’s Council’s new and ambitious Strategic Plan 2021-2024, on Tuesday, 15th June.
We want to work with our members and women throughout the island of Ireland to bring a radical shift to the place of women in Ireland and beyond. Join in the conversation on how best we can achieve NWC’s ambition of true equality for all women and how we can mobilise and campaign for women’s rights and equality in a new and more inclusive way than ever before.
Through our strategic plan, we want to transform society so no woman experiences poverty, racism, violence, discrimination or exclusion, and all women can realise their full economic, social and political rights. We want to bring a robust feminist perspective to how we address the climate crisis and to how we respond to future challenges.
Speakers will include
- Claudia Hoareau, Anti-Racism and Inclusion advocate and Hateful Behaviour policy expert
- Eliona Gjecaj, Disability rights activist
- Sinead Mercier, Lecturer in Environment, Sustainability and Social Justice
- Brigid Quilligan, Traveller Rights Activist
- Avila Kilmurray, Founder of the Northern Ireland Women's Coalition
- Linda Kelly, Founder of Women Ascend and Maternity Rights Campaigner
- Orla O'Connor, Director, National Women's Council
- Louise Lovett, Chaireprson, National Women's Council
The event will be chaired by Dil Wickremasinghe, Social Justice and Mental Health Journalist and Activist, Founder of Insight Matters.
The webinar will be supported by ISL Interpreters . If you have any other accessibility needs, please get in contact with Susan McCormack email@example.com by the 1st June to support our preparations.
Starts: 15 June 2021 11:00
Ends: 15 June 2021 12:30
Location: Online event