Realising Women’s Mental Health Rights - International Women’s Day celebration at the World Congress
Wednesday, March 08, 2017
To mark International Women's Day 2017, NWCI will host a special celebration focusing on the rights of women in relation to mental health and wellbeing as part of the World Congress on Women's Mental Health, on Wednesday, 8 March in the RDS.
The event will particularly look at women's reproductive rights and implicatons for women's mental health.
Speakers at the event will include:
- Marian Keyes, internationally acclaimed Irish author
- Dainius Pūras, UN Special Rapporteur on the right to physical and mental health
- Prof. Veronica O Keane, Trinity College Dublin
- Ailbhe Smyth, Convenor of Ireland’s Coalition to Repeal the Eighth Amendment.
- Paula Meehan, Poet, former Ireland Chair of Poetry
- Orla O’Connor, Director, National Women’s Council of Ireland
At the event, the 'Dublin Declaration' will be launched, the first ever declaration of the International Association for Women's Mental Health.
Please note that attendance for this event is by invitation only. If you are interested in attending the event, please contact Delphine O'Keeffee: email@example.com
Starts: 8 March 2017 09:30
Ends: 8 March 2017 11:30
Location: Royal Dublin Society